We have arrived, fellow Duetarians!

Go down

We have arrived, fellow Duetarians!

Post by Grand Duke Henry on Fri May 30, 2008 2:46 am

Armed with microphone and latte, President Richard Vogt of Upper Morovia-Carinth(i)a stands on a platform in the centre of Sienne, his new nation's capital, mere minutes from the spectacular palace of the Hofstein, formerly a Grand Ducal Residence and now the Presidential Home.

"My Fellow Duetarians!" Vogt cries from the platform, his inspirational tones redolent of his days campaigning from a platform in Morovia, his days as the saturnine statesman so aptly nicknamed 'The Orator of the Dawn', "You have walked down this bitter, harsh path beside me - you have toiled endlessly for indepence and recognition at my side, your cries of patriotism ringing out in the crisp Morovian dawns, and the cool Carinthian twilights! Now, we have emerged from the darkness, emerged from misrule, emerged from subjugation into a place of shimmering light! It is a place illuminated by hope, irradiated by democracy, and fired by brilliance! It is Duetaria!"

Cheers momentarily drown out Vogt's words, but he waves hastily for silence.

"My People, take my hand!" he symbolically seizes the Prada-gloved hand of Minister-President Claudia von Amsberg, and lifts it high (von Amsberg waves with her other hand, shaking her scarlet Hermes scarf back into place simultaneously), "Take my hand, and we can make this great journey together! It is a journey into prosperity, into solidarity, in the words of Count Berchtold! Here, we can make a new destiny for this nation - for I see before me rolling valleys, lush green glades, sparkling rivers and glistering golden chateaux, laid out in a panopoly of splendour and beauty! This is our Nation, and we shall make it great!"

The crowd surges forward like a Destructive Wave's swash, dragging sediment (i.e. reporters) with them. Several people hug Vogt and von Amsberg, and break free only when more ministers rush out from the platform. Von Amsberg re-arranges her tousled raven-black hair into its former immaculate shape, and adjusts a diamond stick pin in her faint pink jacket lapel.

"Quite a little opening jingle there, Richard," she remarks, hugging the president briefly. Von Amsberg's appearence and bearing speak of opulence and wealth, privilege and (a mere whiff of) snobbery; Vogt radiates integrity and dignity, an affinity with the working man and (a slight trace of) pure unbridled cunning. He smiles winningly and tousles von Amsberg's hair affectionately.

"Now the real work begins, cherie!"

PS: UPPER MOROVIA-CARINTH(I)A WILL USE THE 'GRAND DUKE HENRY' PROFILE UNTIL WE CAN GET ANOTHER - DO NOT WORRY, ALL VIEWS WILL BE OURS ALONE, AND WE WILL REMAIN NEUTRAL IN THE TRIAL.
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: We have arrived, fellow Duetarians!

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd on Fri May 30, 2008 9:23 pm

Warm welcomings and salutations

The Potentate

Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Location : Wherever I am, it cannot be real. I am present, but were am I?

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down