Breaking News - Duetaria Invaded

Go down

Breaking News - Duetaria Invaded

Post by Lady President B. Carter on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:51 pm

In a shocking incident last night at 23:20, a force totalling upwards of 13,000 paratroopers were parachuted into the Venetiagasque Riviera, southern Luschia. The paratroopers, identified as belonging to the Madhavian Postal Army, seized a strip of land around Malstock eighteen kilometres wide and nineteen kilometres long in the space of two hours bloody fighting. Despite a slow response from the Department of Defence, meanwhile, the Luschian army struck back at 6:17 this morning, driving the Madhavian soldiers (still unsupported) to the sea. Unfortunately, the military crisis was compounded when hover crafts landed three divisions of marines at Bido. The marines have since been positively identified as Rotherdomer troops from the Greek Piratical republic. Fighting in the Malstock Strip continued unabated until 16:23, when the towns of Stanbeck and Harford were re-taken by Luschian soldiers, leaving only Bido and Malstock in Madhavo-Rotherdomer hands.

It remains to be seen whether the Riviera Crisis will result in outright war, although this clearly premeditated strike by the Republic of Rotherdom (Empire of Greek Pirates) deserves a Duetarian reprisal. However, the vacillation and indecision of Defence Minister The Hon. Ellen Page has provoked a spree of ministerial-reshuffles by Lady President Bonham Carter, already labelled the 'Day of Long Swords'. There has also been a recent scandal over Page's failure to preserve the identity of a senior Luschian operative working undercover in Rotherdom for the Southern Intelligence Secret Service Yedeley (SISSY) - Cynthia Plame, whose mission was compromised yesterday by the leak of her identity. This combination of incompetent handling of the Riviera Crisis and botched management of Miss Plame's delicate operation will probably cost Page her portfolio. Far more immediately important, though, is the successful response to the Madhavo-Rotherdomer invasion.

Valeria Twite, the powerful Governor of Pansylvania, today announced that, "The President of Rotherdom [Phineas 'Boss' Milton] has consistently refused to answer any questions over his supply of arms to Calyndia. It is therefore my belief that he and King Faisal al-Baltar [of Bretonnia 1] are planning some form of aggressive action against Duetaria."

Governor Twite, who is "up in arms" over Page's "incompetent errors", is tipped to be running for the Senate in July

Cynthia Plame today in the former nation Scarlet Sky, recently destroyed by an overwhelming Rotherdom-funded Calyndian thermonuclear airstrike

Last edited by Lady President B. Carter on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady President B. Carter
MP

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile http://www.helena-world.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News - Duetaria Invaded

Post by Consul Clarkeos on Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:00 pm

THis is an outrage, and our people are angered by this blatent invasion, and i belive only a beligerent policy will suffice. Hoever, the members of the cabinet are holding secret meetings o decide what to do. We will reveal our plans in due course
Consul Clarkeos
Aide

Location : Arguing Loudly in the Senate House. WARNING DEMOCRACY AT WORK

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chimes in Duetaria

Post by Grand Duke Henry on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:08 pm

Dieter Hochkatzenburg stands atop a large coach in the centre of Schloss Ravenholt, Morovia, addressing a huge crowd of multinational Duetarians.

"We have today witnessed the beginnings of a new threat, my friends," he begins grandiloquently, "the age of Greek aggrandisement and authoritarianism has dawned upon us, thundering across the seas in the engines of a myriad flying fortresses! Already, the independence bids of Caracticus, of Oramnis, of Sinmaro have ended in the bloody suppression and cold murder of all protesters by Rotherdom! An Iron Bloc has arisen from the rubble of past democracies in Bretonnia, in Mondas, in Skaro, and in Worcestershireland, throwing its grotesque, totalitarian shadow across vast stretches of poverty-blighted land!"

The crowd cheers its ascent, accompanied from afar by those viewing the speech in pubs, in sitting rooms, and in campaign halls.

"For too long, my fellow Duetarians, we have been content to sit in the glorified thrones of complacency, of greed, of wealth, content to drown out the imploring cries of oppressed and terrorised Greek Pirates - abandoned by the World Assembly, spurned by their hedonistic oligarchs, purged by a rampant horde of secret police! But now I ask you, countrymen, friends: can we still turn our backs? Can we still blot from the annals of history the destruction by Rotherdom of all values, all virtues, in the Empire of Greek Pirates that we hold sacrosanct? Can we be content to let the freedoms for which we fought so hard fall by the wayside in that great land, decay, corrode, become a leering and shattered Ozymandias? I say No! I say we rise from our slumber, I say we stand proud and united, and I say we crush the tyrants that oppose us! Posterity shall look back upon this day, the day that the Chimes of Liberty, of Justice, of Equality tolled in Duetaria, and it shall judge us by our actions! There can be no turning back, there can be no more complacent cowardice! We must defy the Rotherdomer perfidy and malice - and we must stand in honour of Democracy!"

Cheers erupt from the crowd, and people rush forward to seize Hochkatzenburg's outstretched hand.
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretary-General Cliff on Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:23 pm

We need immediate action. We should lanch counter-attcks immediately, and put the full scale invasion of Greek Pirates at the top of our agenda. The Dictatorship of Telegram Operators is sending a regiment of its best paratroopers accompanied by airstrikes to help eliminate the problem.
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Location : It varies. Unlike you lot I don't sit in one place my whole life.

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Caution! urges Mettenburg

Post by Grand Duke Henry on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:34 pm

"It would be a gross tactical and strategic error for any single Duetarian statesman to enter into an isolated act of reprisal against Rotherdom and the Greek Pirates," Chancellor Mettenburg said today to the press, "We must continue to act as one unified, unilateral region, and any break with the accepted policy of sharp words backed up by sharp bullets could potentially destroy Duetaria. Rather, we must all refrain from military action or counteraction until the Cabinet and Subcommittee makes its decision. Thank you."
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretary-General Cliff on Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:41 pm

With my men I am sending them to repel invaders, not launch an attack on their homeland. Sorry if that was unclear.
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Swift Reply

Post by Grand Duke Henry on Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:01 am

Dieter Hochkatzenburg claps Cliff on the back as they stand in line at Costa Coffee, near the Grand Council chambers.

"Well done Cliff, your actions have quite possibly deterred the hated Milton's response. I congratulate your resolve! Oh, yes, could I have a Massimo Coffee Frescato, please...?"
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretary-General Cliff on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:52 pm

"I'll have an expresso please."
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Coffee Illiterate - why am I not surprised?

Post by Grand Duke Henry on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:45 pm

That's 'espresso' technically, Cliff.

I LOVE COFFEE!
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

bolster

Post by Tweek the allmighty on Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:59 pm

If it is needed i can spare a legion of souper soldiers to bolster the troops to protect from a further invasion. If i am so persuaded with gifts i will send my troop of "Death Dealers" Mean armed with scythes, and massive crossbows riding geneticaly engineered raptors. And we have done all we can to prevent JPS (Jurassic Park Sydrome)

Tweek the allmighty
Local councilor

Location : Thats for you to know and me to find out...wait that's not right.

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Liberal Eagles swoop in on vulnerable Tory Rabbits

Post by Lady President B. Carter on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:18 pm

Defence Minister Page's mismanagement of the Riviera Crisis last week has at last impacted on the slowly imploding Coalition Government, a high-profile civil service source said today. After five days of desperate damage control and Machiavellian manoeuvring that reached a frantic fever pitch on Friday, the sagacity and strategems of Lady President Dame Helena Bonham Carter have finally run out.

"It is of huge significance to my party, and to the wellbeing of Luschia, that we emplace a leader with true moral fibre," said Senator Emmanuelle Béart in an impassioned speech this morning, marking her triumphant return to Capitol Hill. "The political perspicacity and pragmatic policymaking skills of our lady president seem to have conclusively run out - and no amount of insidious intrigues can prevent the public from realising that a change must come in government!"

Events have now overtaken the Government, however, when Opposition (Federalist-Republican) deputy leader, Sir Rchard Marchmain (Bt.), led a bloodless senatorial coup, calling for a Snap General Election. With the House and the Lords similarly moved, Lady President Bonham Carter has been forced to state that a general election will take place on Wednesday 2 July, with elections to the House of Representatives; the Senate; and the House of Lords.

"Despite the difficulties that now face Helena, I believe that this was a step in the right direction," said Pansylvania Governor Valeria Twite today, "and I wish to announce that I will indeed be standing as Tory candidate for the Senate in Pansylvania."

Governor Twite attending a Conservative-domianted lecture by esteemed author Sir Henry MJ Tonks on One-Nation Toryism in Politics: 1800 - 2000 yesterday at Symphony Hall, New Albany (Pansylvania)

Sorry Ellen, even a hamburger phone can't help you now: the beleaguered defence minister in her Lucyland Avenue office on Friday

Last edited by Lady President B. Carter on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : House Un-Luschian Activities Committee (SULAC))
Lady President B. Carter
MP

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile http://www.helena-world.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kommandante Herman Torth on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:25 pm

Ah it would seem that the Liberals at last have a hold in another state! Or at least a potential one
Kommandante Herman Torth
Admin

Location : Among the people and helping to liberate neighbour nations!

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretary-General Cliff on Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:26 pm

I wish to warn the Kommandant that attempting to liberate my states will not be tolerated and nuking of his countries will commence if such actions happen.
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum