Trade Embargo

Go down

Trade Embargo

Post by Lady President B. Carter on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:31 pm

In the Duetarian Chamber of Commerce and Economy, the crowd is hushed as Luschian representatives David Hyde Pierce, Earl of Niles, and Amy Adams rise to the Dispatch Box.

"In short, this government proposes a total Trade Embargo on Lower Schlovowia, with immediate effect, that seeks to de-stabilise Alejandrian commercial activity - and bring the Schlovowo-Duetarian War to its glorious end!" shouts Lord Niles, receiving a standing ovation.

After Adams fills in the details of the scheme (shortly to be published), Ravenburger-Morovian President of the Board of Trade Prittwitz-Berchtold stands.

"I would like to throw my nation's assent behind this plan. It is audacious, inventive, and a sure-fire success! Hail Duetaria!"
Lady President B. Carter
MP

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile http://www.helena-world.com

Back to top Go down

The Trade "Embargo"

Post by Prince Leopold Maximilian on Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:04 pm

Lady Speaker Page irritably bangs her gravel on the Grand Council table, allowing Darmsburger Secretary of the Treasury Thurn to rise.

"As far as I can see," he begins querulously, "Luschia has failed to give us any real scheme for this so-called 'embargo'. I demand details!"
Prince Leopold Maximilian
Angry Placard waver

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sleeply agrees

Post by Prime Minister Walex on Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:23 pm

"What?" The trade Minister Sir Hugh McKlinty is woken by his aide. "Oh yes. ehem. I would also like more details!" He sits down and begins to slumber.
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile http://duetaria.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Breaking News - The Embargo is Blocked from the Inside

Post by Lady President B. Carter on Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:19 pm

Following the formation of a Conservative-Liberal Coalition, a successful attempt has been made by Liberal ministers to block the proposed embargo on Lower Schlovowia. After Liberal Leader Emmanuelle Béart was unable to force her candidate, fellow Franco-Luschian Marion Cotillard, into the Treasury frontseat, rumours are rife that she is behind this most recent development in the Luschian situation.

Apparently, the Liberal ministers in government are moving to wrongfoot the masterminds of the Embargo, Chancellor of the Exchequer Adams and Trade Minister Niles - both Tories belong to the Bonhamian faction based around former Foreign Minister Bonham Carter. Adams's Treasury Team has, however, resisted all Liberal pressure and is attempting to resurrect the embargo proposal.

Conservative Diehards David Hyde Pierce, Earl of Niles (Minister for Trade) and Amy Adams (Chancellor of the Exchequer)
Gwyneth Paltrow, Minister for the Treasury, is the chief of Adams's Treasury Team

So far, the government is wracked by infighting, and the Liberals are indicating support for the Potato Farmers over Ravenburg-Morovia as WA Delegate - if so, this could tip the balance.
Lady President B. Carter
MP

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Embargo Plans Abandoned

Post by Lady President B. Carter on Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:27 pm

Looking severely deflated, Treasury Minister Gwyneth Paltrow takes to the podium in a press conference outside the Chamber of Commerce. She calls for silence, and then begins a short speech.

"In light of recent events, the Government of Luschia has decided to postpone plans for the Trade Embargo indefintely. It is hoped that, nevertheless, some iota of such plans can be salvaged for Duetarian gain. No further questions."
Lady President B. Carter
MP

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Disgusted

Post by Prime Minister Walex on Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:30 pm

Lord President Nicholson wrote:Looking severely deflated, Treasury Minister Gwyneth Paltrow takes to the podium in a press conference outside the Chamber of Commerce. She calls for silence, and then begins a short speech.

"In light of recent events, the Government of Luschia has decided to postpone plans for the Trade Embargo indefintely. It is hoped that, nevertheless, some iota of such plans can be salvaged for Duetarian gain. No further questions."

Oh, I wonder what made you change your mind? Well I King Wake take over full running of this embargo and put it into effect immediately.
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile http://duetaria.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Luschia Thanks Wake

Post by Lady President B. Carter on Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:36 pm

Chancellor Amy Adams exits her black limousine at a dash and shoots into the Grand Souffle restaurant nearby the Commerce Chamber. King Wake is seated, savouring a pink grapefruit champagne emulsion aimes bouche. He glances up absently as Adams begins to gush in typical dippy fashion.

"Your Majesty thank you so much for implementing the embargo... Luschia will not forget this kindness! Lord President Nicholson is delighted!"

"And what of Mlle Béart?" asks Wake wryly, cautioning his bodyguard to put away his magnum handgun as Adams hides a mischevious smile.

"Well, we can't worry about that, Your Highness, because it really isn't our fault if you pass the motion, is it?"

Wake laughs heartily, and Adams returns to her car hurriedly. An in-vehicle congratulatory post from Paltrow awaits her.
Lady President B. Carter
MP

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade Embargo

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd on Fri May 30, 2008 8:56 pm

'This is interesting', says Grand Nomad Lloyd, as he wakes up from his slumber, 'they seem to have left be behind!'

'Oh NO, someones only had half their frappacino!'

The Potentate

Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Location : Wherever I am, it cannot be real. I am present, but were am I?

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade Embargo

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down