The Second Election Commenced

Go down

The Second Election Commenced

Post by Grand Duke Henry on Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:09 am

Paparazzi sweep past cheering supporters and placard wavers, as a gaggle of politicos exit the imposing Civic Hall of Hochfried, Morovia. Cameras flash as the group is immortalised in celluloid, and reporters babble eagerly in journalese. High-powered government ministers Dieter Hochkatzenburg and Manfred von Trauttmannsdorff jostle to the crowd's front, accompanied by numerous attaches.

"There seems to be lingering doubt prevalent amongst members of the 'Shortman Party' over our ability to rule!" declaims Hochkatzenburg with electrifying oratorical flair, "And yet I beg the question: with what grounding do they so claim?"

A newsman's reply is momentarily drowned out by the wild fanfare from supporters of the Ravenburger-Morovian Delegature. Hochkatzenburg and Trauttmannsdorff wave ostentatiously, prompting hearty cheers. The journalist tries again. "Herr Hochkatzenburg, how do you respond to allegations of corruption amongst your chancellor's cabinet?"

"Those allegations are totally without any substantive evidence, and I challenge the source of these quite frankly contemptuous rumours to withstand a similar investigation into his own party!" ripostes the minister (referring we assume to Morovian Opposition leaders Brandt and Ullbricht), "Furthermore, I wish to make clear the unrivalled record that my nation has as WA Delegate!"

"What record, sir?"

"Surely the informed ladies and gentlemen of the press can infer to what record I make reference?" shoots back Hochkatzenburg eloquently, "After all, they made extensive coverage of our joint proposition of the unprecedented, unequalled, groundbreaking welfare act!"

Hochkatzenburg illustrates each syllable with sweeping gesticulations, his dazzling demagogy matched only by the substance of his words. The crowd cheers again.

"Ravenburg-Morovia and its allies are the only nations that have had the courage and the foresight to bring Duetaria into the modern age of Social Democracy!" declares the minister, "Side by side with Karkelbania and Romardia, we instigated mass reforms to create the 'most comprehensive welfare system in the present day'! This WA Delegature was responsible for dragging Duetaria out of a post-Schlovowian war slump - we revitalised the economy and have implemented programs of 'Centre Left' partnership between public and private sectors that are now making Duetaria the crucible of global financial hegemony. Moreover, I must stress that the honourable Shortmanites can only dream of matching this record of service!"

"Is there anything left to add, sirs?" enquires a newswoman, flushed with the thrill of the moment.

Foreign Minister Trauttmannsdorff steps forward. "Indeed there is: the final sphere of governance in which Ravenburg-Morovia has excelled - foreign affairs. As first UN and then WA Delegate State, we were able to bring about the renowned Schloss Hohenstein Armistice with Lower Schlovowia - the first successful trans-national treaty in Duetarian history! Our Commerce Edict, ratified two days ago, with the Grand Coalition of Siberia and Empire of Greek Pirates, is the first in what will surely be a long line of projects designed to trigger the growth and expansion of international Duetarian trade!

More jubilant cheers break out, only calmed by Trauttmannsdorff's raised gloved hand.

"Our brilliant combination of liberal social governments and democratic centrist cabinets, juxtaposed with conservative states, is now a ship sailing straight ahead with Ravenburg-Morovia at the helm and the moderating hands of Karkelbania and Luschia on the steering wheel! Under our enlightened tenure as delegate state, Catoagoa; Pork Village; Berrington; and Evil Yams have all been brought into this great region! What can any Shortmanite offer to compare with that?"

"What indeed?" bellow the crowds in adoring response.

Last edited by Grand Duke Henry on Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Luschia Enters the Debate

Post by Lady President B. Carter on Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:49 am

A crowd gathering outside of the Grand Council Hall falls abruptly silent as Luschian ministers step out, Deputy Prime Minister Ditzyton deep in conversation with Charles von Mettenburg, the Ravenburger-Morovian chancellor.

"Your Grace," calls a reporter to Lady Ditzyton, "Where do you stand on the issue of our second General Election?"

"My position, and that of Luschia, on this subject is quite clear," begins the duchess, stepping up to microphones, "We intend to throw our vote and all of our weight behind Ravenburg-Morovia."

"Bias, Your Grace, bias!"

"That is completely ungrounded in reality!" retorts Ditzyton, incensed, "I am speaking without any bias of any kind - I have always supported Ravenburg-Morovia's unparalleled success in foreign and internal affairs. But also, they are a state that is able to effortlessly combine a great feeling for social welfare with an equal respect for traditional, typically Luscho-Karkelbanian policies. Quite frankly, I fail to see how the Potato Farmers or Pork Village could ever hope to challenge this record on reform and firm leadership!"

The crowd cheers and hoots wildly in appreciation of the flighty but sophisticated minister's views. Chancellor Mettenburg, linking his arm with hers, strolls off towards a Governmentn limo with Ditzyton - undoubtedly off to visit the exclusive lunch for Ravenburger-Morovian supporters at prestigious restaurant Chez Panisse.

Meg Ryan, Duchess of Ditzyton, Deputy Prime Minister of Luschia speaks for Ravenburg-Morovia as WA Delegate

She speaks on behalf of Luschian Head of Government, Sir Jack Nicholson
Lady President B. Carter
MP

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile http://www.helena-world.com

Back to top Go down

Acussations acusations acusations!

Post by Kommandante Herman Torth on Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:25 pm

A reporter from Gracania stands up. "Dear sir I am a little concerned with your choice of words here did you not say:
Grand Duke Henry wrote:"is now a ship sailing straight ahead with Ravenburg-Morovia at the helm and the moderating hands of Karkelbania and Luschia on the steering wheel!
Are we to understand that under your rule as delegate our supreme founder, the one who led us from the darkness of Siberia, through a bloody war, then by careful use of satellite mapping discovered the land we now call home, Karkelbania themselves would take a backseat to the running of Duetaria? And also that an unelected Luschia would have control of our day to day lives? Are they slipping you a little something on the side sir?"
"Of course not!" Hochkatzenburg retorts. "How absurd." The crowd laugh and a few begin to jostle the lonely looking reporter who seems only to be backed up by the Karkelbanian, Potatoian and Yamian press.
"Absurd it may sound but this might interest you! I have a leaked document form someone inside your own cabinet about bribery, blackmail and fraud headed up by Ravenburg-Morovian Lord Tom Berenger

and Luschian Minister the 'Honourable' Michael Bay

I will of course hand these over to the police before I publish anything, but I just thought I'd give you a heads up." He smiles.
Kommandante Herman Torth
Admin

Location : Among the people and helping to liberate neighbour nations!

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

STATEMENT FROM KARKELBANIA

Post by Prime Minister Walex on Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:30 pm

In a broadcast to the people of Duetaria King Wake I speaks about the recent allegations. "I am personally shocked and outraged at this but I await the police report and what the other candidates fro election have to say on this before I act. In other notices I officially removed Ravenburg-Morovia from power as Delegate today, I will take the post until the end of the election, this is not because of the allegations but is traditional and done so that a candidate seeking re-election cannot ban their opposition."
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile http://duetaria.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

In Response to Certain Allegations

Post by Lady President B. Carter on Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:12 pm

Lord President Sir Jack Nicholson rises to give a brief speech. His cabinetc olleagues appear listless following the previous evening's heavy drinking.

"In short, friends, I would like to clarify two matters: one, the allegations of corruption, and two the supposition that we are 'ruling' Duetaria. All that Herr Hochkatzenburg meant was that my state, along with Karkelbania, has been aiding Ravenburg-Morovia with legislative propositions - as a more right-wing state than the incumbent WA Delegates, we were able to pacifically advise both leading nations on Conservative policies. We have NO intention of ever running for state-elected office."

"Is that a fact, you fornicating old fart?" cries Potato Farmer Bernard Knowles, as Shortmanites direct jeers at Nicholson.

"You stand there in your faggoty potato uniforms," bellows back the septuagenarian lord president, "An dyou preach at me about dignity with your god damn Harvard mouth? I should expect some f***ing courtesy, you little s***!"

Nicholson is hastily calmed with a Protein drink by tipsy Deputy PM Ditzyton, and he returns to the fray. The Shortmanites fall silent, abashed.

"Secondly, on corruption. All allegations are totally false - we are funding NO ministers privately, and Michael Bay isn't even Prime Minister (he left office in 2006). There was one embarrassing matter, however. Yesterday, it was discovered that minor Health minister Simon Stacey had been extracting, er, 'favours' from secretary J Porter in exchange for cash. Both have been sacked."
Lady President B. Carter
MP

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Police report

Post by Prime Minister Walex on Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:40 pm

It has now been confirmed that Barniger has been arrested and police are searching for his Luschian accomplice as Bay was obviously not the one they were looking for.
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Corruption Denied

Post by Lady President B. Carter on Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:31 pm

In a statement issued to the press this afternoon at 14:20, Civil Service Minister Emily Blunt, Baroness Blunt of Pradaville, confirmed that former Lords Chief Whip Berenger has been removed from his post. Furthermore, it now appears that the allegations of corruption stemmed from the present party of Opposition, the Federal-Republican Party led by Thomas Blackrose Lord Somerville and Sir Richard Marchmain (Bt.).

Lady Blunt, who is rumoured to be on the point of 'retirement' at the hands of Prime Minister Béart.
Lady President B. Carter
MP

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Luschia Places its Support

Post by Lady President B. Carter on Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:05 pm

17:45, 26 April 2008
A meeting of great portent is being conducted at Cafe Nerono, two blocks from the Grand Council Hall. In attendance are Ravenburger-Morovian Minister for Equalities Dieter Hochkatzenburg, Luschian ministers Emmanuelle Béart and Ellen Page, and Romardian Lord Chancellor Prince Rinaldo Visconti.

"So tell me, Dieter darling, what exactly is the purpose of our meeting?" enquires Béart, nibbling biscotti.

"I have serious concerns over Luschia's political direction," begins Hochkatzenburg, one hand unconsciously stirring sugar into his cappuccino. Page sips her Chai Tea Iced Latte, eyeing Béart suspiciously. "In short, my friends, Rinaldo and I want to finalise a compromise between the two factions of the Luschian coalition. Given the upcoming WA election, there is no doubt in my mind that urgent action is required."

"Compromise?" Page sounds incredulous.

"Your Government has yet to actually declare your loyalties in the electoral contest, Miss Page," explains Visconti in swift, precise tones, "However, if both sides were to make unilateral propositions, then perhaps...?"

The prince leaves his question hanging in the air. Béart and Page mull over the news. At last, the Liberal raises her voice.

"In my opinion, this is the most clear compromise. Say we were to get behind Jack's support of Ravenburg-Morovia, in return for the closure of the Embargo issue and the appointment of Marion as chancellor."

"I'll give you Culture and Media," replies Page.

"Trade."

"Agriculture."

"Homeland Security."

"Ah... done," Page finishes the lightning-sharp exchange, "Cotillard can have the HS portfolio, and you will move for Ravenburg-Morovia?"

Béart nods, and the two shake hands. Hochkatzenburg breathes a sigh of relief.

Prime Minister Béart (left, after a quick hair dye) leaves Cafe Nerono after an agreement with jubilant Culture Minister Ellen Page over the Coalition Government's stance on the WA Delegate Election
The Hon. Ellen Page, Minister for Culture and Media, at the Annual Luschian News Awards this evening

Last edited by Lord President Nicholson on Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lady President B. Carter
MP

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

WA Delegate Vote

Post by Lady President B. Carter on Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:23 pm

Fresh from the Cafe Nerono meeting, Luschian Prime Minister Béart rises in the Grand Council Hall.

"My Party, and my nation, has re-aligned its sympathies!" she calls, "We are now firmly behind Ravenburg-Morovia - their oustanding record in social reform could never be bettered, and theirs is far and away the strongest leadership in Duetaria!"

"Traitor!" yells President Shortman at the smug premier.

"A traitor? Moi? If you recall, President, I am the leader of a Liberal Party - precisely the party that would profit from Welfare Reform. If anything, sir, you are the traitor: prostituting your values for the sake of pure power. How can you deny the existence of the unrivalled rewards that Duetaria has reaped from Ravenburg-Morovia's noble service as WA Delegate?"

As Shortman searches desperately for a fitting reply, Ravenburgers and Morovians surge to their feet, giving Béart a standing ovation that she laps up. Mettenburg signals to Lady Speaker Page that a recess is needed.
Lady President B. Carter
MP

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Suppport

Post by President Shortman on Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:58 pm

I am not in the slightest worried by this change in support as we still have the entire trade union of three large countries behind us and several more countries are currently on the fence but are slowly moving onto our side. The Grand Duke believes he can win another election by only saying bad things about the opposition. He is wrong! Even if he retorts to this with a clever worded paradox, we all know deep down that he is not a great politician, he is a dirty finger pointer who couldn't sink lower if he tied stones o his feet and jumped out of a plane into a bottomless pit!

President Shortman sits down to thunderous applause from The Trade Union, Karklebanian, Pork Village, Gracanian and Catagoan representatives. As this ear splitting noise continues Grand Duke Henry and his advisers are sweating with worry and are looking embarrassed as people turn to scowl at them.
President Shortman
Local councilor

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Compassionate Government is Ravenburg-Morovia's Watchword

Post by Grand Duke Henry on Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:43 pm

Chancellor Mettenburg leaps to his feet at the podium and breaks into a fiery retort.

"Bad-mouthing the opposition? Who are we, the Clintons? President Shortman is the man who has just spoken out against us:

"I am not in the slightest worried by this change in support as we still have the entire trade union of three large countries behind us and several more countries are currently on the fence but are slowly moving onto our side. The Grand Duke believes he can win another election by only saying bad things about the opposition. He is wrong! Even if he retorts to this with a clever worded paradox, we all know deep down that he is not a great politician, he is a dirty finger pointer who couldn't sink lower if he tied stones o his feet and jumped out of a plane into a bottomless pit!"

"If anything, it is Shortman who is using ad hominem tactics to disguise the fact that his group of supporters has no saving grace except for their own perpetuous mud-slinging! We are the nation who has repeatedly worked only for the good of our people and who have proposed Welfare reforms to target economic injustice. Only yesterday, the Potato Farmers emulated our policy by proposing the Bank Nationalisation in support of Welfare - a sign that, if only inwardly, our 'opponents' have been turned towards the centre left politics that characterise Ravenburg-Morovia's compassionate government!"

Deafening cheers greet Mettenburg's speech.
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Election Commenced

Post by Prime Minister Walex on Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:50 pm

Grand Duke Henry wrote:Only yesterday, the Potato Farmers emulated our policy by proposing the Bank Nationalisation in support of Welfare - a sign that, if only inwardly, our 'opponents' have been turned towards the centre left politics that characterise Ravenburg-Morovia's compassionate government!"

Deafening cheers greet Mettenburg's speech.
Gregory Heart rises to his feet
"So a country that is essentially led by a Monarchical dictator who crushes opposition, I of course refer to the brief period in which you were a democracy, is centre left? I will admit that Karkelbania has a similar system but at least we do not criticize others for it or if they change their policies!"
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Darmsburg-Gotha Speaks

Post by Prince Leopold Maximilian on Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:54 pm

As applause dies down, Clemens von Quitzow, the Darmsburger Secretary of Foreign Affairs stands.

"Let us be frank, ladies and gentlemen, and attempt to cut through the oratorical flourishes ricocheting around the Grand Council Hall. While the Potato farmers might well have negligible support from Trade Unionists (odd, given their Tory history) and from Yamian delegates, Ravenburg-Morovia is the only nation that can actually boast any significant record of reform. Having worked with their supporters Karkelbania since the foundation of Duetaria, they have been able to govern this region more successfully than any other state. Furthermore, despite war-mongering from certain honourable members [Quitzow's eye rests briefly on Preisdent Shortman], it has stood firm and pursued only peaceful agendas. After all, when President Shortman states that he intends to forcibly seize and nationalise all banks that do not dumbly tow the government line, then there must be some problem with democratic rule!"

Von Quitzow languidly takes a seat, waving to supporters, as applause beaks out again.
Prince Leopold Maximilian
Angry Placard waver

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Duke Henry on Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:59 pm

King Wake I wrote:
Gregory Heart rises to his feet
"So a country that is essentially led by a Monarchical dictator who crushes opposition, I of course refer to the brief period in which you were a democracy, is centre left? I will admit that Karkelbania has a similar system but at least we do not criticize others for it or if they change their policies!"

Mettenburg giggles in amusement and asks candidly, "In what way are we a monarchical dictatorship? Ravenburg-Morovia has never crushed any opposition and, given our massive welafre reforms, I do not think that it is any exaggeration to call us One-Nation Centre Left Tories! At any rate, we were not criticising Shortman for changing tack on poicy - I was simply pointing out that he can have no grounds for opposing us when he emulates our own political initiatives."
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Jumping to action!

Post by Prime Minister Walex on Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:01 pm

Heart almost jumps to his feet with anger. "How can you call Shortman a war-mongeror? The honorable gentleman has not once led his country to war! The Grand Duke however was one of the key players in the Schlowian wars! Oh and you state sir that the Grand Duke has the most experience, well I would like to point out to you that as our region is so young we have only ever had two countries in power, Karkelbania and Ravenburg-Morovia! And I don't remember either of our two countries having any experience before then well except that we, Karkelbania, were the Delegate of Schlovowia for a short time! Oh and another thing, if SHortman takes on your policies he surely still has the right to run as he is allowed to change them to suit his opinions, we have not yet heard form the Honorable gentleman himself so I say we wait to determine his policies!"
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Misunderstanding

Post by Grand Duke Henry on Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:08 pm

Mettenburg, now out of breath, rises once more.

"In brief: Ravenburg-Morovia was responsible for left-wing reforms in its country long before any other state, and, if you recall, the Schlovowian Wars were a retaliation to Alejandrian aggression. If we all concur with the same socialist viewpoints, then why is there need for Shortmanite opposition? Why not simply allow my nation to spend two terms as delegate, then the Potato Farmers and so on ad infinitum."
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex on Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:11 pm

Grand Duke Henry wrote:Mettenburg, now out of breath, rises once more.

"In brief: Ravenburg-Morovia was responsible for left-wing reforms in its country long before any other state, and, if you recall, the Schlovowian Wars were a retaliation to Alejandrian aggression. If we all concur with the same socialist viewpoints, then why is there need for Shortmanite opposition? Why not simply allow my nation to spend two terms as delegate, then the Potato Farmers and so on ad infinitum."
"Ah but are we not talking of election fixing here, is this not against the law of our region?"
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by President Shortman on Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:24 pm

President Shortman stands up. "I am outraged, as is the entire Trade Union. Their vote is not negligible it actually accounts for a quarter of the endorsements, and I doubt that the chief of Pork Village and The Yamians will be happy if he hears that you are accusing them of being an insignificant vote, which however many times you deny it, you are!

We are not a warring nation. In fact we are the most peaceful nation in this great region! I think that Grand Duke Henry is pulling strings and bribing anyone in sight to say the opposite of the truth! I feel, and I suppose the rest of Potatoe farmers feels as well, that this is an outrage! Dumping the fact that they are the second biggest manufacturer of arms and armament in this region, only behind Karkelbania who is the well known provider of our protection, this surely means that their growing froce is a private army only lent to causes that are profitable to Ravenburg-Morrovia, which is technically illegal by WA laws! How can we make the leader of a country who is breaking the law," He pauses momentarily in a dead silence of awed politicians," our WA delegate! What will the rest of the World think of us? They will think that not just Ravenburg- Morrovia is a law breaking nation under its corrupt leader, but that the whole of this Great Region is a law-breaking rabble under a dictator of a WA delegate!"

President Shortman sits down to an earsplitting applause from Potatoe Framers, Coin Collectors, GM Things, Pork Village, Karkelbania, Gracania, Evil Yams, Catagoa, Postmaster Madhav and embarrassingly for Grand Duke Henry Romadia, Darmsburg-Gotha, Berrington, Luschia and even over three quarters of the Ravenburg-Morovia area the patriotic drive is so great.
President Shortman
Local councilor

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hochkatzenburg Replies

Post by Grand Duke Henry on Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:40 am

Amidst a storm of hushed whispers, Dieter Hochkatzenburg rises from his seat. Slowly, with the methodical steps of a man who is utterly confirmed in his own views, he ascends to the podium, and gazes down upon the assembled council.

"Corrupt," Hochkatzenburg allows the words to hang in the air, a coiled serpent ready to pounce. "Ravenburg-Morovia has been most ill-treated of late, gentlemen, but merely because my nation has been verbally assailed by the demented ravings of a power-obssessed bumpkin demagogue, does not mean that a valediction is in order for this government. We have been told by the honourable President that we are the second largest arms manufacturers in Duetaria - this is a lie, based on no material evidence, backed up by no heresay or rumour. We have been called corrupt - an allegation equally puerile and ridiculous, grounded in the belief of President Shortman that we seek to raise a 'private army'. The President has not even bothered to check his statistic sheet; Darmsburg-Gotha spent nearly 17% of their 2008 Budget on rejuvenating the armed forces. We, Ravenburg-Morovia, spent 9% - 92% of which went to providing for wounded veterans of the war against Alejandrian tyranny. Karkelbania, meanwhile, has been excused its massive arms investment on the grounds that it is the 'well-known provider of our protection' - in what way? In what legal way? In what constitutional way?

"My government has broken no laws, raised no private force, misused no funds in the name of bribery - as World Assembly Delegate, we did nothing but provide for the multitudinous needs of our people. Welfare is our first concern, Duetaria our priority. In what nation have revolts against the peace broken out? Karkelbania. What nations have pioneered reforms to bring together rich and poor, advantaged and disadvantaged? Ravenburg-Morovia and Romardia. My nation has been grossly insulted, beyond the boundaries of expediency or decency, by the Potato Farmers - why? We stand for the same ideals. My Chancellor even offered them a bargain - we stay as WA Delegate, and then endorse the President in one month's time. It was an honourable compromise, an olive branch of Coalition and alliance proffered with humility to the Potato Farmers. Their peace-loving, pacific response? This reason, this grace, this democratic justice, was hurled back into our faces, festooned with the primitive allegation sof corruption and bribery. For the sake of power, for the sake of meaningless dignities, President Shortman has eschewed the visage of moderation, of honesty, and has instead donned a mask of impassive self-glorification.

"In Duetaria, I declare, there should be a great fire, a cleansing flame. Upon this fire we must burn our vanities, our venality, our false pride and mendacious circumlocution. Liberty, equality, fraternity - these ideals may rise phoenix-like from the ashes of past mistakes. If the Potato Farmers wish to sing the swan song of manipulation and vice, then let them. We stand only for peace, reform and prosperity!"

His last three words are almost drowned out by cheers and fanfare from Ravenburger-Morovians, Romardians, Darmsburgers, Berringtonians, Catoagoans, Gracanians and Luschians - certain tory Romardians and liberal Luschians are booed down as they rise in opposition for the sake of opposition. Hochkatzenburg hails his ovation, waving to the jubilant crowd of Ravenburger ministers.
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex on Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:23 pm

Grand Duke Henry wrote:My Chancellor even offered them a bargain - we stay as WA Delegate, and then endorse the President in one month's time.

"It was rejected sir I am sure because Shortman wants no part in illegal election fixing!"

"Right, I have heard the oratory, now I shall test you. I present to you below a fictional situation, I would like you to Telegram me on the site an answer to the problem in two ways, 1. If it were the real world and you had rel world retaliation methods. 2. A Nation states response:
'A country unknown to us sends Karkelbania an insulting telegram. It insults the player as a person and the running of their country. I as founder ask you the WA delegate to prepare our reaction this circumstance. What do we do?'
I will of course submit a model answer when you have both sent me an answer and tell you who did best."
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

"Illegality"

Post by Grand Duke Henry on Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:05 pm

Dieter Hochkatzenburg rises from his seat and shouts down boos from certain Karkelbanians.

"There was nothing illegal in our so-called 'fixing'," he begins in a moderate tone, "There have been Coalition deals of this sort since the Nineteenth Century. I was simply endeavouring to bring a more peaceful conclusion to recent arguments - Ravenburg-Morovia has certain policies in mind for implementation that we wish to pass as WA Delegate. After one more term, my Government would happily concede the Delegature to the Potato Farmers."

In response, Dame Helena Cheese Carter stands. "Thank you Dieter. I would like to affirm that Luschia has no wish to ever be WA Delegate, and would readily support President Shortman at the next Election."

There are mutinous mutterings from Luschian Liberals, but they are muffled by the loud agreements of Lord Niles and Seymour Hoffman.

NOTE: Other legal, historical Coalition deals for a power compromise include the Liberal-Conservative government formed by David Lloyd George in 1916. There is nothing illegal about such political wheeling-dealing.
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: