Space Weapons Space War.

Go down

Space Weapons Space War.

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd on Thu May 15, 2008 10:33 am

It is about time that Duetaria had its own space defensive program. It could be used to blast incoming enemy missiles, and, if we are ever underthreat from space, could be used to repel enemy invasions. We must, at least, form our own space station, and satelites, so as to spy on our enemies and to have better weather forecasts.

Grand Nomad lloyd

Last edited by Grand Nomad Lloyd on Fri May 16, 2008 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Location : Wherever I am, it cannot be real. I am present, but were am I?

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Space Weapons Programs

Post by Secretary-General Cliff on Fri May 16, 2008 10:51 am

I agree with this proposal. Duetaria cannot be allowed to come under any threat from any foreign power. We need to lead the world in this respect; it will surely further our prospects of peace at home, even if we are planning an invasion.
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Location : It varies. Unlike you lot I don't sit in one place my whole life.

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Space Centre

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd on Fri May 16, 2008 11:00 am

How shall we best use our new found interests, to spy on our enemies, or to protect ourselves? Also what technologies will be used? Catoagoa leads the weapons market, and as such has a few proposals.
We could mount a series of grazers (gamma ray lasers) on a space station and use it to destroy any incoming missiles from any enemy regions, such as the Grand Coalition of Siberia, our sworn enemies. Particle beams of highly volatile and energetic substances could be used to attack. And biological warfare could be employed.
More info soon

Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Continued

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd on Fri May 16, 2008 3:24 pm

As Grand Nomad Lloyd appears from his tent to a crowd of awaiting government leaders he explains how biological warfare will benifit Duetaria.

"Canisters of tear gas that explode on landing could be used to cause immediate pain to eyes and copious flows of tears and spasms of eylids, making the enemy unable to see their enemy, and in high consentrations it would act as a respiratry irratant. Chorilde could be used to cause burning sensations ito the eyes, nose and throat, with can lead to blindness and, if the lungs are damaged, death, but a gas eight to ten times more deadly than chlorine is Phosgene, which means that it could be used in lower quantities. Arseniuretted hydrogen could be deployed to cause violent vomiting and blood poisoning. If we equip our troops with respirators, and use these gases as a preliminary attack, we will be able to invade a country virtually incapable of fighting back. These tatics will back Duetaria a world dominant empire. With the skills of the Catoagoain military I beleive that this can happen."

Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Weapons Space War.

Post by Consul Clarkeos on Fri May 16, 2008 10:07 pm

Meh why just GRAZERs. Why not place great and powerful missiles with GRAZERs on? And orbital artillary, and death stars and space going bombers.
Consul Clarkeos
Aide

Location : Arguing Loudly in the Senate House. WARNING DEMOCRACY AT WORK

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

X-ray Laser defence shield

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd on Mon May 19, 2008 3:26 pm

X-ray lasers.
We could defend our nation states by a curtain of X-ray lasers powered by nuclear explosions. The curtain could to be deployed using a series of missiles launched from satellites. The satellites would be powered by built-in nuclear warheads, the energy from the warhead detonation would be used to pump a series of laser emitters in the missiles or satellites in order to produce an impenetrable barrier to incoming warheads. Technical criticism suggests that the X-ray laser would be of best used for missile defense, rather than as a weapon, due to its low power.

Grand Nomad Lloyd

TBC
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Continued

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd on Mon May 19, 2008 3:27 pm

Chemical laser

A deuterium fluoride laser (or Mid-Infrared Advanced Chemical Laser (MIRACL)) could be used to destroy missiles, it could also be used to shoot down enemy satellites. We could also use Tactical High Energy Lasers, (THEL) which can shoot down artillery shells.

Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Rail Guns

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd on Mon May 19, 2008 3:28 pm

Hypervelocity Rail Guns

Research into hypervelocity rail gun technology was done to build an information base about rail guns so Cataogoaian scientists could apply the technology to the proposed defense system. The rail gun investigation, called the Compact High Energy Capacitor Module Advanced Technology Experiment (CHECMATE), can fire at a rate of twelve per hour. Hypervelocity rail guns are, at least conceptually, an attractive alternative to a space-based defense system because of their envisioned ability to quickly shoot at many targets. Also, since only the projectile leaves the gun, a rail gun system can potentially fire many times before needing to be re-supplied.
A hypervelocity rail gun works very much like a particle accelerator insofar as it converts electrical potential energy into kinetic energy imparted to the projectile. A conductive pellet (the projectile) is attracted down the rails by electric current flowing through a rail. Through the magnetic forces that this system achieves, a force is exerted on the projectile moving it down the rail. Rail guns can generate muzzle-velocities in excess of 24 miles per second. At this velocity, even a rifle-bullet sized projectile will penetrate the front armor of a main battle tank, let alone a thinly protected missile guidance system.
Rail guns face a host of technical challenges before they will be ready for battlefield deployment. First, the rails guiding the projectile must carry very high amperage and voltage. Each firing of the rail gun produces tremendous current flow (almost half a million amperes) through the rails, causing rapid erosion of the rail's surfaces (through ohmic heating, and even vaporization of the rail-surface.) Early Catoagoain prototypes were essentially single-use weapons, requiring complete replacement of the rails after each firing. Another challenge with the rail gun system is projectile survivability. The projectiles experience acceleration force in excess of 100,000 gs. In order to be effective, the fired projectile must first survive the mechanical stress of firing, then the subsequent impact with the target. In-flight guidance, if implemented, would require the onboard guidance system to be built to the same standard of sturdiness as the main mass of the projectile.
In addition to being considered for destroying ballistic missile threats, rail guns are also planned for service in space battle stations.

Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Nuke explosion powered lasers

Post by Secretary-General Cliff on Wed May 21, 2008 7:36 pm

Wouldn't nuclear explosions destroy the laser?
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

No

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd on Thu May 22, 2008 10:51 am

No, they would not, it is a controlled nuclear explosion, a reactor that powers the missile.
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Good

Post by Secretary-General Cliff on Sat May 24, 2008 1:06 am

Good. Otherwise they would be useless, crap and a waste of money.
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by President Shortman on Tue May 27, 2008 1:30 pm

This would cost a lot of money. Once other important issues are out of the way we will be able to discuss the criteria and the funding for updating our already world leading space-program.
President Shortman
Local councilor

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down