The Trial of Ravenburg-Morovia

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hochkatzenburg Strikes Back

Post by Grand Duke Henry on Tue May 27, 2008 11:06 am

"I have been told that my Government knows nothing of military matters," begins Hochkatzenburg, "but I wish to remind the Honourable Gentleman that it was only due to the military brilliance and strategic guile of Ravenburg-Morovia that the state of Alexiopolos fell - to put it bluntly, Karkelbania, Ravenburg-Morovia and the other Founder States are the only ones that have any great military experience at all. We were the architects of Duetaria's foundation, and ours are thus the pre-eminent militaries. It was only due to Ravenburger-Karkelbanian-Luschian action that the enemy forces were pushed out at all. My Government did not divide us: if we had, then surely by the nouance of Secretary-General Cliff's adage we would have fallen? But we have not, and this was only down to the swift and decisive action of my Government. We have 'cut loose' one Nation (that is even now being liberated by our forces, I might add) and no others: far from being the 'only state left', we have only served to demonstrate the true democracy prevalent in Duetaria by being brought to Trial on ludicrous charges, driven, I should say, by the Prosecution's venality and lust for power.

"It also strikes me as odd that my Government should be condemned for expelling Berrington temporarily to secure our safety in Duetaria. As soon as they are liberated, it may return - but I have received no word from its President or government that they want to seek revenge, or that their relations with us have been undermined. This last parting shot from Secretary-General Cliff was a piece of disgustingly opportunistic sensualism, and should be struck from the record for pure speculation."
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Aggression from the Alejandrians

Post by Grand Duke Henry on Tue May 27, 2008 11:16 am

"Giving shelter to a belligerent and hostile monarch is an act of war itself," begins Foreign Minister Draskenburg, "and until Emperor Alejandro III is shown to have no influence in either state, and until they remove him as a their spokesperson, we must consider both Greenoland and Nagadoches as enemies.

"Now, the charges extra-legally added by Emperor Alejandro: we have never assassinated a single head of state, in Lower Schlovowia or otherwise. We did not pervert the course of justice whatsoever - we have only ever acted democratically, eschewing the barbaric methods such as torture so beloved of the numerous dictatorships that masquerade as democracies in Duetaria. We did not assassinate Lord Kingsdown - this is actually a pure invention by Emperor Alejandro III, and I request that after my Trial he be placed on Trial for manufacturing evidence and perjury. Is he choosing to ignore the fact that Board of Twelve member Jacobi had access to Lord Kingsdown's food? And how is moving the posts concerning this revered statesman's death callous? If we devote an entire topic to it, then it will not take up space in my Trial where it is insignificant. At any rate, in a new topic it would probably attract more readers than it does here, buried as it is in a morass of Alejandrian perfidy and lies.

"And finally: 'CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY, IN ATTACKING DEFENCLESS NATIONS AND THEN ACCUSING THEM OF WAR. GREENOLANDS ARMY AMOUNTS TO 5OO SERVICEMEN. HOW COULD THEY INVADE LUSCHIAS 400,000? YET, IN LUSHIAN "RETALIATION RAIDES" 1,500 NAGADOCHIANS AND 4,000 BORONS WERE KILLED IN BLOOD CURLIN WAY'. I wish to point out that it was the Alejandrian states Greenoland and Nagadoches that actually invaded us, and that, if their large armies were really the pittance that His Highness suggests (which I doubt) then they quite easily could have had aid from Lower Schlovowia - where both states initially fled after being ejected from Duetaria."

Draskenburg turns to sit, pauses and turns back, almost with an afterthought. "If you wish to put me on trial, then why, I must ask, Honourable Members of the Court, have you not taken issue with King Wake for also expelling the Alejandrian states? Treating one state as an aggressor and ignoring the same conduct in another? Is that Parliamentary Democracy, Ladies and Gentlemen?"
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Implicating King Wake I himself

Post by Secretary-General Cliff on Tue May 27, 2008 11:57 am

Secretary-General Cliff rises from his seat;

"Grand Duke Henry seems to believe that his crimes are merely a fabrication by the prosecution in an attempt to gain the position of WA delegate, and that all he is being accused of is ejecting Alejandrian states. This is clearly absurd, however he uses this as a pretext to try to move blame onto our benign monarch King Wake I. If Grand Duke Henry's only crime was to eject Alejandrian states then I doubt we would have taken him to court. Anyway, since King Wake I is not an elected leader, we cannot take him to court even if we wanted to. At this point I would request that the defence explains how, in any way, the removal of Berrington increases Duetarian security. The Grand Duke may have been her4e for longer trhan I, yet he evidently has learnt nothing in the ways of war.

"As I recall, Grand Duke Henry was the one to announce an invasion by Alejandrian states, declaring fictitious casualty figures in an attempt to spark war. He is the one who haqs endangered Duetarian security. As regards the Madhavian invasion, we all know, and there is no point denying it, that Madhav is a puppet of Henry's . Treason!

"'This last parting shot from Secretary-General Cliff was a piece of disgustingly opportunistic sensualism, and should be struck from the record for pure speculation.' This is what the Grand duke wrote about my last speech. He is quite clearly trying to wriggle free of this point. No, my point stands as it is entirely true, how could this expulsion not sour relationships with Berrington? I have met the head of Berrington himself and hge was not impressed with the expulsion. I agree with the Emperor that he should be charged with the assasination of a foreign head of state, aswel,as perversion of justice.

"'My Government did not divide us: if we had, then surely by the nouance of Secretary-General Cliff's adage we would have fallen? But we have not, and this was only down to the swift and decisive action of my Government. We have 'cut loose' one Nation (that is even now being liberated by our forces, I might add) and no others' wrote Henry (he is undeserving of his full title). This once again shows his lack of military knowledge - he does not see that it can take time for a nation to fall; just because it has only happenned once does not mean he will not do it again, in fact the process must always start with one. As for the calims of Berrinton's liberation, the big push has only been made since these charges were brought, a last ditch attempt to claim innicence that has, sadly, fooled many."

Secretary-General Cliff sits to cheers from the prosecution. One of them cheers "Answer the question he asked first you arse Henry!"
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Location : It varies. Unlike you lot I don't sit in one place my whole life.

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ENOUGH!

Post by Prime Minister Walex on Tue May 27, 2008 12:27 pm

King Wake bangs his hammer on his bench to no avail as the court room continues to be overwhelmed by shouting. King Wake nods to burly looking man in black. He and his squad quickly take a ll of the heads of state apart from the judges in the room to the front and point rather threatening assault weapons at them. The room quietens very quickly. "Thank you Gerald, you can let them go now. Right that is quite enough of this ridiculous rhetoric! I hereby remove the Grand Nomad from his post and appoint Secretary-General Cliff as chief prosecutor. Also I unfortunately have to add the following charges to the list as called for by the Nagadochans (spelling corrected for you). Oh and Cliff may I remind you that you may want to remain on my good side, I don't take kindly to claims of treason, corruption etc."

I) ASSASSINATION OF A FOREIGN HEAD OF STATE
II) PERVERSION OF THE COURT OF JUSTICE TO ACHIEVE THESE ENDS
III) PERVERSION OF SECTION 18 OF THE LEGAL CODE (THAT STATES THE PROTECTION UNDER INTERNATIONAL LAW OF ALL WITH DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY.), BY ACTING OUTSIDE OF THE LAW IN THE EXTRA-JUDICIAL ASSASSINATION OF LORD
KINGSDOWN, WHO HELD DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY, AND WAS THEREFORE IMMUNE
FROM PROSECUTION
IV) CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY, IN ATTACKING DEFENSELESS NATIONS AND THEN ACCUSING THEM OF WAR. GREENOLANDS ARMY AMOUNTS TO 5OO SERVICEMEN. HOW COULD THEY INVADE LUSCHIAS 400,000? YET, IN LUSHIAN "RETALIATION RAIDS" 1,500 NAGADOCHIANS AND 4,000 BORONS WERE KILLED IN BLOOD CURLING WAY.
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile http://duetaria.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

A Fabricated Charge

Post by Grand Duke Henry on Tue May 27, 2008 1:20 pm

"I have certain complaints with this, Your Highness," says Hochkatzenburg truculently to Wake, "why did Secretary-General Cliff claim I was shifting blame onto you? I only pointed out that you rightfully expelled the Alejandrians as well. Anyway, are you above the Constitution because you were not elected? I think that fabricated by-law is an attempt by Cliff to divert attention away from the fact that you and I acted in tandem regarding the War."

"I suppose you are right Dieter," ruminates Wake.

"Lastly, My King, can I ask that Cliff be barred from attacking personally my Military's ability as a fighting machine? Our expulsion of Alexiopolan soldiers during the March war and our defeat of Madhavian forces more recently clearly point to the contrary... ah, yes: we did not, and have never, assassinated a head of state - during the Schlovowian War, a head of government, Roussopoff of Alexiopolos, was hanged for war crimes, but no illegal execution has ever taken place. I cannot understand why that charge is still on record; Emperor Alejandro III quite literally made it up."
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of Ravenburg-Morovia

Post by Prime Minister Walex on Tue May 27, 2008 1:30 pm

Grand Duke Henry wrote:
"Lastly, My King, can I ask that Cliff be barred from attacking personally my Military's ability as a fighting machine? Our expulsion of Alexiopolan soldiers during the March war and our defeat of Madhavian forces more recently clearly point to the contrary... ah, yes: we did not, and have never, assassinated a head of state - during the Schlovowian War, a head of government, Roussopoff of Alexiopolos, was hanged for war crimes, but no illegal execution has ever taken place. I cannot understand why that charge is still on record; Emperor Alejandro III quite literally made it up."

"Sustained. The charge of assassination of a head of state will remain on the list of charges. However Cliff you will not insult the Duke's Military. You may continue to call it into question but only if I feel it is related to the case."
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandros I Imperator on Tue May 27, 2008 2:27 pm

"I will, if His most Royal and Omnipotent Majesty, allows me, clarify one fact as clearly and decently as possible, to see if HochKatzenburg understands- if it isnt that he is only pretending to." The dignified King smiles, and shakes his head with wisdom, while drinking from a deep goblet of a mysterious substance: the source of his ancient wisdom. "Emperor Alejandro III was Emperor from 1917-1963. In 1963, the March wars began. On the eve of war, the cabinet of Ursula Griffiths (1960-1968) urged the Emperor to sign a formal declaration of hostilities with Karkelbania. His Majesty refused flatly, and a Palace coup was staged, forcing the pro-Karkelbanian Emperor to abdicate. His Majesty, fleed, his life in danger, to the Principality of Monte Alessandro, and is in currently exiled in Nagadoches. The current monarch of Schlowovia, is an usurper: Alejandro IV (VIII of Alexiopolos.) and is not recognized by either Monte San Alessandro, Nagadoches or by Greenoland, who still recognoze the pro-Karkelbanian monarch. Thus this nations are ostracized by Schlowovia (which Grand Duke Henry , means no weapons from them.) and seeked refuge, with their old friend Karkelbania. In fact, our only connection to Schlowovia are on a commercial bases, and that is because we are neutral nations. However, our Governments dream of a day when the Schlowovian usurper is dethroned, and Emperor Alejandro III is restored to his throne. I ashore you that on such a date, Schlowovia will return to peace with Duetaria. Oh happy days!"

Sir Charles Wilson IV, thus retire, a tear of joy in his eyes and smiles to prosecutor Cliff. HochKatzenburg mysteriously leaves the chamber, as Secretary General Cliff rises and says the words:
"As for the box of Lindt chocolates......"
Alexandros I Imperator
Aide

Location : Either The Imperial Palace, The Senate House, or elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Acceptance of Neutrality

Post by Grand Duke Henry on Tue May 27, 2008 2:34 pm

"We hereby accept the statement of Emperor Alejandro III," says Hochkatzenburg magnanimously, "and state in all good will that there shall henceforth be no hostility between Duetaria and the Greeno-Nagadochian nations - although my Government is still a little cofnused as to why they invaded us. Nevertheless, we cannot progress in friendship until Emperor Alejandro explains why he insists in fictionalising supposed assassinations carried out by my Government."
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Apologies

Post by Secretary-General Cliff on Tue May 27, 2008 2:49 pm

Secretary-General Cliff rises from his seat

"I apologise sincerely for the insult to Grand Duke Henry's military. I still await his answer to the question I made at the beginning of my last speech. I would like to ask Emperor Alejandro why the hell he decided in in last speech that I should talk about Lindt chocolates? After these have been answered I will make my opening speech."
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Get on with it!

Post by Prime Minister Walex on Tue May 27, 2008 2:52 pm

With respect sir, that can be dealt with in private, please proceed with you speech.
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Confusion

Post by Secretary-General Cliff on Tue May 27, 2008 3:01 pm

Secretary-General Cliff's aide rises from his seat at his master's side:

"We have a slight confusion among the prosecution here as to exactly what we are supposed to charge Grand Duke Henry with. Could we please have a comprhensive list?"

The embarassed aide sits down to be clouted over the head by Cliff for failing to record the charges.
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Charges list

Post by Prime Minister Walex on Tue May 27, 2008 3:10 pm

1. Removal of Berrington unlawfully
2. Abuse of position
3. Warmongering
4. Breach of the Constitution
5. Behaving unlike a true Duetarian
6. Assassination of a foreign head of state
7. Perversion of the course of Justice
8. Assassination of a foreign Diplomat
9. Crimes against Humanity

It is a long list and it is final. No more charges may be added.
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretary-General Cliff on Tue May 27, 2008 5:04 pm

Taking his positon at the front of the court, Secretary-General Cliff is finally able to make his case:

"Ladies and gentlemen, we, as I am sure you full well know, are gathered her today to see through the course of justice. To this end, I request that if either side, in the main caes not side arguements, commits perjury they imediately lose the entire case.

"The charges before us are as follows:

1. Removal of Berrington unlawfully
2. Abuse of position
3. Warmongering
4. Breach of the Constitution
5. Behaving unlike a true Duetarian
6. Assassination of a foreign head of state
7. Perversion of the course of Justice
8. Assassination of a foreign Diplomat
9. Crimes against Humanity

"However, although there is sufficient evidence for them to be on the list, someof these must be removed and dealt with sperately. Article eight, the assassination of a foreign Diplomat must be dealt with by a sperate inquest, in which I ask Emperor Alejandro may be allowed to present the prosecution's evidence. Therefore this must be struck from the list being dealt with here. The same goes for article six. Article seven will only be dealt with after the results of the inquest, as the murders are intricately linked to that case.

"And so we move onto the main case. The remaining articles on the list are those that he will be charged with, as he has clearly guilty of them. We shall start with article three, warmongering, before tackling articles one two and four in a group a they revolve around the same issue, before Emperor Alejandro III tackles the remaining point with the inquest results, if he would be so kind as to argue those cases. If not, then I will argue them too. This therefore is the basic structure of the case."
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex on Tue May 27, 2008 5:07 pm

Thank you, the prosecution will bring forward their witnesses.
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Reply ffrom the Defence

Post by Grand Duke Henry on Tue May 27, 2008 5:08 pm

Dieter Hochkatzenburg rises to his feet. "I wish to thank the Chief Prosecution for their courteous and concise speech, which has achieved lucidity through admirable brevity. By this evening, my Defence will have posted a full list of our Witnesses in the Courtroom."
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A list of witnesses

Post by Secretary-General Cliff on Tue May 27, 2008 5:12 pm

Secretary-General Cliff, having now opened the court properly, continues on to his list of witnesses.

"During the course of this hearing, I will call upon:

1) Grand Duke Henry

2)Emperor Alejandro III

3) King Wake I

On top of this, if it should prove possible, I wish to call Madhav himself to the witness stand, although this may be difficult. We will proceed with charges after the Defence's list of witnesses."
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex on Tue May 27, 2008 5:14 pm

"Sir this list is acceptable, however Madhav shall not speak, he is our enemy and anything he says would be biased."
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Madhav

Post by Secretary-General Cliff on Tue May 27, 2008 5:18 pm

King Wake I wrote:"Sir this list is acceptable, however Madhav shall not speak, he is our enemy and anything he says would be biased."

I do not see why Madhav should not be allowed to speak. Anyhow, anything anyone says is biased.
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex on Tue May 27, 2008 5:20 pm

None the less I will not allow someone who we are at open war with to stand in a trial, it undermines our Region's security.
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Oh well

Post by Secretary-General Cliff on Tue May 27, 2008 5:25 pm

I am disappointed with King Wake I's decision not to allow Madhav to be a witness, however I respect his judgement. I will make my first case tommorow morning.
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex on Tue May 27, 2008 5:30 pm

Thank you sir, we welcome the swift progression of this trial.
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Swift?

Post by Secretary-General Cliff on Tue May 27, 2008 5:31 pm

Unfortunately this trial has not been swift at all. How the hell did we talk for three pages without starting the trial proper?
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Answers

Post by Grand Duke Henry on Tue May 27, 2008 5:53 pm

We talked for three pages because for some reason Emperor Alejandro III refused to allow the Wilson Posts to be their own topic.
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Defence Witnesses

Post by Grand Duke Henry on Tue May 27, 2008 6:04 pm

Dieter Hochkatzenburg faces the assembled members of the Court.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the Court, over the course of this Trial I shall call upon six witnesses, starting from Friday 6 June 2008. My witnesses shall be:

1) Field Marshal Lanfred-Emmanuel von Waldersee, Commander-in-Chief of Military Forces and Chief of the Defence Staff in Ravenburg-Morovia

2) Manfred Felix Reginar von Trauttmannsdorff, Raugrave of Draskenburg, Foreign Minister in Ravenburg-Morovia

3) Dame Helena Bonham Carter, Lady President of the Chamber of Ministers and Head of Government in Luschia

4) Field Marshal Sir Christopher Lee, Chief of the General Staff in Luschia

5) Sir Anthony Adlai Kefauver, Chairman of the Government in Scarlet Sky

6) Colonel Artabanus Sinha, Director-President of Military Intelligence in Postmaster Madhav, a prisoner of Duetaria since 17 May

"If it pleases the Court, however, we shall abstain from our course of investigation until the annual Kessler Ebereich Standard Exams (abbreviated to KES Exams), which monitor the competence of government officials and civil servants, are over on the aforestated date 6 June."

Last edited by Grand Duke Henry on Thu May 29, 2008 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Prosecution

Post by Alexandros I Imperator on Tue May 27, 2008 7:58 pm

I, Emperor Alejandro III, will carry my own enquiry before this Duetarian court, and prosecute The Government of Ravanburg Morovia of the three discarded items, and all items therein, if this would please his honour. I ask, should this be a seperate trial, or be covered under the same heading of the trial of "trial of Ravenburg Morovia?" Should it be an international investigation or heald before the available courts of the super-electrons. Secretary General Cliff informs me he will be away, should we carry on with the prosecution as he asked me, or just post-pone the whole thing until what His Serene Highness refered to as the K.E.S examinations?
Alexandros I Imperator
Aide

Location : Either The Imperial Palace, The Senate House, or elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next